Greening the Conference
The tradeshow industry is second only to the construction industry in the amount of waste it generates. So, a ‘zero waste’ construction tradeshow poses a special challenge. To meet the challenge, we hired the best Operations Team in the business that specializes in diversion.
Here are a few things we'll be doing to reduce our impact:
At the Event
- Vinyl table covers will be replaced by linen.
- Event signage is made with recyclable or reusable materials.
- Event collateral is printed on a “green printer” with vegetable-based inks and recyclable paper.
- Exhibitors will have access to the “green printer” during the course of the event.
- Food sold at the event will be packaged in biodegradable, compostable food ware.
- Biodegradable cornstarch plates and utensils.
- Implementation of a carbon offsetting program will reduce emissions generated by equipment, heating/cooling, shipping, and electricity.
- We're using solid color carpeting (vs. strips) so that no carpet is wasted.
- Resource Recovery Stations are placed throughout the facility. Now this doesn’t sound exciting…BUT…an anticipated 75% landfill diversion is expected through this effort. Exhibitors, while you won’t get trashcans at your booth, each RR station will actually be hosted by a knowledgeable and friendly volunteer ready to tell you which of your items is recyclable, compost, or true trash.
- We encourage out of town guests to stay at hotels that are members of the California Green Lodging Program or other green hospitality groups. See Plan Your Trip for more information.
- Public transportation and/or carpooling encouraged
- City car share program – www.citycarshare.org
- Green and hybrid car rentals
- Biodiesel truck service for our deliveries